It’s not uncommon to find a box or two of cake mix sitting on our pantry shelves any time of year. Cake mixes often go on sale for about a dollar each at the grocery store we shop at and in my opinion you don’t need a special occasion to eat cake.
But sometimes baking a cake—even with a mix—is more effort than I feel like making. So on a recent quest for something chocolate I decided to try something a little different with the box of Devil’s Food cake mix we had on the shelf. Cupcakes be damned. We’re making cookies.
Chewy, easy, 4-ingredient, chocolate cookies.
They didn’t last long.
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly to form a dough.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Shape dough into one inch balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets 1–2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes our until set.
- Cool briefly on cookie sheets and move to cooling racks.